POP3 access is now available to Hotmail and Windows Live Mail users.
You can find the settings below to add to MailWasher:
- POP server: pop3.live.com
- POP server port: 995
- POP SSL required? Yes
- User name: Your Windows Live ID, for example firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: The password you usually use to sign in to Hotmail or Windows Live
- SMTP server: smtp.live.com
- SMTP server port: 587
- SMTP Authentication required? Yes (same as POP3 username and password)
SMTP TLS required? Yes
To manually add a Hotmail \ Windows Live mail account.
- Open Mailwasher
- Click 'Tools' 'Email Accounts' or simply press F8
- Click 'Add Account'
- Mail Account Setup
- 1. Enter your email account name (example: John Smith)
- 2. Enter your email address (example: email@example.com)
- 3. Make sure the 'Include this account when checking mail' box is checked, if you want Mailwasher to include this account each time it checks your mail (bottom left of the 'Email Account Details' window)
- 4. Click 'Next'
- 5. these fields should automatically be filled in, if not then do so:
- your user name
- enter your Hotmail \ Windows Live mail password and then,
click 'Remember Password'
- 6. Now click 'Advanced Account Options' to check the details are correct
- 8. click OK
- 9. Click Next to access the 'Bouncing and Outgoing Mail' tab
- 10. Enter smtp.live.com into the smtp server field
** Only check 'Enable bouncing of messages from this account', if you want this to happen when your mail is being processed by Mailwasher (can be changed later from within your email account settings)
- 11. Click 'Advanced Options' and make sure Port 587 is entered. Also check 'This server requires a secure connection (TLS)'. Further options are available on the 'Bouncing details' and 'Email Addresses' tabs if required, or just leave as default.
- 12. Click OK, then click OK again. Now click OK once more to exit the Mail Account setup page.
- 13. Click 'Check Mail' from the Mailwasher toolbar to start processing your email and enjoy a clean inbox.
7. These fields should automatically be filled in, if not then do so:
- server port 995
- 'This server requires a secure connection (SSL)' box should be checked
- ** the bottom POP3 UIDL box will also be checked by default so leave it checked